We heard you like pancakes... So here it is! The Japanese Soufflé Pancakes recipe:
1 cup milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs, separated
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise (Kewpie is the best)
1 tbsp butter
1. Combine milk and vinegar in a large bowl. Allow to sit while the milk sours — about 5 minutes.
2. Separately, sift flour, sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
4. Add egg yolks and vanilla to the soured milk, mix well and pour into the centre of the flour mixture. Use a whisk to combine all ingredients.
5. Add mayonnaise and stir until there are no lumps. Finally, fold in egg whites.
6. Heat pan over medium-low heat and melt butter. Grease round moulds, and place onto pan. Fill halfway with batter.
7. Cook for 4-6 minutes, until firm on top and flip pancake and mould together. Cook for another 4-6 minutes.
8. Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Receipe Credit: www.denizen.co.nz