Embrace the winter chills and find some festive spirit by hosting a Mid-Winter Christmas! The perfect opportunity to get your family and friends together for food, mulled wine and fun decorations!
Keep reading for our Mid-Winter Christmas essentials...
A beautiful table setting can brighten up the atmosphere and create the festive feeling at your Mid-Winter Christmas.
Redcurrent has an array of beautifully curated homewares perfect for a festive tablescape.
Shop our top picks below:
Mulled Wine Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of a hot mulled wine in the middle of winter.
Here is our favourite mulled wine recipe this winter:
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 8 whole dried cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 dried whole allspice
- 2 star anise
- 2 bottles red wine (shiraz or merlot are best)
- 3 oranges, washed
- To make the syrup to flavour the pot of wine: Add sugar and 2 cups of wine to a small pot, add all the spices and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the syrup for about 20 minutes until the syrup has reduced by a quarter or until it is a thicker texture.
- Slice the oranges into even slices.
- Pour the remaining wine into a larger pot, add the sliced oranges, and reduced syrup with spices.
- Bring the pot slowly to heat, just below simmering point. Turn off and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving into mugs or glasses.
- Pour into 6 of our Smoke Gold Dipped Wine Glasses and enjoy!
Celebrating 20 years of Living Beautifully
09 October, 2019
A Winter Getaway
09 July, 2019
Candle Jar Re-purposing
13 June, 2019
Winter Sale 2019
14 May, 2019
02 May, 2019
Mum's The Word
01 May, 2019
Click and Collect
30 April, 2019
Mum the Story of Us
24 April, 2019
Mother's Day Gifting
18 April, 2019
Hop to it Hotcakes
16 April, 2019