Embrace the winter chills and find some festive spirit by hosting a Mid-Winter Christmas! The perfect opportunity to get your family and friends together for food, mulled wine and fun decorations!
Keep reading for our Mid-Winter Christmas essentials...
A beautiful table setting can brighten up the atmosphere and create the festive feeling at your Mid-Winter Christmas.
Redcurrent has an array of beautifully curated homewares perfect for a festive tablescape.
Shop our top picks below:
Mulled Wine Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of a hot mulled wine in the middle of winter.
Here is our favourite mulled wine recipe this winter:
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 8 whole dried cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 dried whole allspice
- 2 star anise
- 2 bottles red wine (shiraz or merlot are best)
- 3 oranges, washed
- To make the syrup to flavour the pot of wine: Add sugar and 2 cups of wine to a small pot, add all the spices and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the syrup for about 20 minutes until the syrup has reduced by a quarter or until it is a thicker texture.
- Slice the oranges into even slices.
- Pour the remaining wine into a larger pot, add the sliced oranges, and reduced syrup with spices.
- Bring the pot slowly to heat, just below simmering point. Turn off and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving into mugs or glasses.
- Pour into 6 of our Smoke Gold Dipped Wine Glasses and enjoy!
Printed Cotton Duvets
20 May, 2021
24 March, 2021
Redcurrent is run by locals for locals.
02 July, 2020
Dry July Mocktails
02 July, 2020
Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned
16 June, 2020
At Home With Rebecca Kain
29 May, 2020
COVID-19 Practices In Level 2
13 May, 2020
Call & Collect + Virtual Shopping
05 May, 2020
Easter Egg Nests
09 April, 2020
Suzanne's Healthy As Can Be Can Be Chocolate Chip Cookies
08 April, 2020